Monthly Archives: March 2014

XrmServiceToolkit (2.0.0) JQueryXrmCustomFilterView in IE10 / IE11 / jQuery 1.7.2

Working with IE 10 or 11, we had the problem at work that we were unable to use the JQueryXrmCustomFilterView due to exceptions being thrown.

We have jQuery 1.7.2 as is stated as the lowest required jQuery version in the XrmServiceToolkit.

When inspecting the XrmServiceToolkit, I’ve found a bug in the function “xmlToString(xmlData)” (line 3624):

[code language=”js”]
//IE
if (window.ActiveXObject) {
xmlString = xmlData[0].xml;
}
[/code]

the correct code should be:

[code language=”js”]
//IE
if (window.ActiveXObject && typeof xmlData[0].xml !== "undefined") {
xmlString = xmlData[0].xml;
}
[/code]

Unable to filter custom SSRS Reports

A colleague of mine approached me today about record filtering in custom SSRS Reports. According to the MSDN link at the bottom of this post, using the CRMAF_ prefix enables automatic filtering based on the user’s record selection in Dynamics CRM when running the report. However, we were unable to produce the correct filtering on the report: it would always revert to the default 30-day filter.

After digging in, we found the problem: the first time you upload the report, if you did not use the CRMAF_ prefix, it will not apply any filtering even if you update the report with an new RDL file. You will have to delete your report from Dynamics CRM, and create a new report.

This link is really usefull when creating SSRS reports:

Create Reports for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Using SQL Server Reporting Services